My pals at Rachael Ray Nutrish told me that November is adopt a senior pet month. Did you know that most senior dogs get overlooked at shelters by people looking for a new addition to their family?
Well, my vet just recently informed me that I will now be considered a senior dog on my upcoming birthday next month (I’m a Christmas pup). I couldn’t believe that I will be considered a senior at the young age of seven. Then, I thought … oh no, we can’t overlook all these dogs just like me at the shelter. We are still awesome dogs that have many more miles on these paws. To help, I decided I needed to give you humans ten reasons why senior dogs rock!
- No Puppy Problems – Probably no destroyed shoes, beds, or puppy pads.
- Housebroken! – Many senior dogs who have been surrendered have already been trained to go outside (and maybe even mark on trees … hehehe).
- Easier Vet Trips – No puppy shots every couple of weeks.
- A Cuddle Bug!
- May Already Be Trained
- You know how big they are going to get.
- Avoid The Terrible teenage Months – Mom and I had it out those months becuase I didn’t want to listen. I managed to sit through an eight-week training class and refuse to learn one new thing!
- Cute White Fur on Their Muzzle — well unless they are a Westie then you are out of luck. We are born with white fur there.
- A senior pet knows they have been rescued and will always be grateful to you!
- Senior Pets are the Hardest to Find Homes For – Be a hero in my eyes and save a life! The future is so bright for these senior dogs now they will need to wear shades!
Rachael Ray helps senior pets
We love Nutrish pet food because Rachael Ray donates her personal proceeds to help shelter pets (including senior cats and dogs) through her rescue, Rachael’s Rescue. She created the rescue for all of the forgotten pets — the ones that might not have someone who loves them as much as you love your pet. This money goes towards food, medical supplies, and treatments for pets waiting for their forever homes. So far, she has donated over $9 million dollars … wow!
Don’t forget to follow Rachael Ray’s Nutrish too!
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/nutrish
- Facebook: http://twitter.com/nutrish
- Instagram: http://twitter.com/nutrish
[…] My pals at Rachael Ray Nutrish told me that November is adopt a senior pet month. Did you know that most senior dogs get overlooked at shelters by people looking for a new addition to their family? […]