Hey, my pals, today is a big day in my house! It is a special celebration just for us pups, that we stole from you humans – Friendsgiving! For those of you who don’t know what Friendsgiving is, it a mashup of the words “friends” and “Thanksgiving”. It means you have a big meal with all your friends.
I really wanted to invite all my dog friends, but because of that virus called COVID-19, Mom vetoed that and said we can’t be inviting the humans over with their dog. Lucky for me, I already have a lot of friends staying with me right now. I decided to invite my Siblings – Daisy, Piper, and Dillon (the cat) and then my house guests/fosters – Ozzy, Peyton, and Riley. I told Mom to set the table for 6 pups and 1 cat.
What I Served
I wanted to serve a traditional Thanksgiving meal with turkey and sides, but I was concerned about us dogs getting sick from eating too much human food. Did you know that too much fatty food such as table scraps can lead to us dogs having pancreatitis and too much sugar can cause us to become diabetic? Take it from me, none of us dogs want to have to rush to our vet’s office because we don’t feel good. Fortunately, Evanger’s came to the rescue. With Evanger’s many flavors of canned dog food, I was able to serve a full Friendsgiving meal with many of the traditional foods of a human Thanksgiving meal!
- Against the Grain 100% Turkey. This is only one ingredient, Turkey, with natural bone broth.
- Evanger’s Signature Slow Cooked Turkey Stew – This is chunks of real turkey simmered with farm fresh vegetables including carrots, potatoes, and peas.
- Evanger’s Organics Chicken and Turkey Dinner – This is Organic chicken & turkey with organic market-fresh vegetables including bananas, squash, and kelp.
- Evanger’s 100% Sweet Potato
- Evanger’s Vegetarian (sweet potatoes, potatoes, brown rice, carrots, tomatoes, peas, blueberries, and cranberries)
For the Cat! (since Mom said I can’t serve him dog food)
If your pup (or cat) isn’t impressed with my menu selection, don’t worry. Evanger’s has eighty plus varieties of canned dog food and they have no soy, no corn, no wheat, no preservatives, no artificial ingredients, and no animal by-products. With that many choices, there is no reason why any dog or cat would go away hungry from an Evanger’s meal!
I must say that I think I picked a delicious Friendsgiving menu! Here are some photos of our great meal!