“There ain’t no party like a Preston Speaks party, ’cause a Preston Speaks
party don’t stop”
It is time for a dog party! No, seriously, I recently hosted a Rachael Ray Nutrish party for both us dogs and our humans in celebration of their brand new treats! At a party, you don’t just need food, you need great food! Well, Rachael Ray did not disappoint! She sent me some tasty bags of treats to sample and some great recipes for me to make for my rents.
I decorated the kitchen with a festive garland, brought out the good plates, and even gave Daisy and I fancy straws for our water. Ok, I admit, we never did figure out how you humans use those straws … but it did make the table very festive … hehehe.
5 New Rachael Ray Nutrish Treats
These treats are made with US farm-raised beef or chicken as the first ingredient in every treat. There are no artificial flavors, meat by-products, corn, or wheat, which is great for us allergy pups. They are also made here in the USA with no ingredients from China.
Daisy and I tried all five, and I have to say they were very delicious and we cleaned our plates! I honestly can’t tell you which one I liked more, but I know Daisy liked the Burger Bites the best because she tried to steal them from my plate when I wasn’t looking!! I put a stop to that real fast with a stern look and told her that if she didn’t shape up, I was going to send her to her room and no more party. That kept her in line!
The Five flavors are:
- Burger Bites – Beef with Bison treats
- Deli Cuts – Savory pepperoni treats
- Meatloaf Morsels – Homestyle beef treats
- Pawsta – Beef stuffed “riggies” (rigatoni) pasta treats
- Savory Roasters – Roasted chicken treats
A portion of all Nutrish treat sales are donated to The Rachael Ray Foundation which helps animals in need through Rachael’s Rescue. Last year they have donated more than 17.5 million dollars to help animals in need. Isn’t that awesome?
Mom told me I have to include the disclaimer that these treats are only meant for supplemental feeding. This means if you pup asks for a full plate of them instead of their kibble, you are supposed to say no. Also, for smaller dogs, you may want to break them into smaller pieces in case we try to swallow them without chewing.
The Human Food – Sriracha Bacon Cheeseburgers
I couldn’t leave the rents out of this party, so I decided to make a Rachael Ray meal inspired by my new treats! I picked the Bacon Cheeseburgers with Sriracha Ketchup. Ok, I admit, it was totally because there was bacon on it … hehehe. We used the broiler rack to make the bacon and a hot iron skillet to cook the burgers. The only part we kind of cheated on was we used some sriracha ketchup we had purchased at the store instead of mixing up our own. I think Dad fell in love with this burger because he won’t stop talking about how great it was. Here is the recipe!
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- 1½ pounds 80% lean ground beef
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely grated onion and its juice
- A drizzle olive or vegetable oil
- 8 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- ½ cup ketchup
- 4 burger rolls, split
- Lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, pickled jalapeños, to serve
- Sweet chili and/or hot pepper potato chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange bacon on a broiler pan or rack set onto a baking sheet and bake until crisp.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef with salt, pepper, garlic, Worcestershire, soy and grated onion. Form 4 patties that are thinner at the center and thicker at the edges for even cooking.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the hot skillet and add burgers.
- Cook patties 8 minutes total, turning occasionally, melting 2 slices of cheese on each burger.
- Combine sriracha and ketchup in small bowl.
- Place 3 slices of bacon, some lettuce, a couple slices of tomato and onion on the buns and top with cheeseburgers and pickled jalapeños.
- Slather bun tops with sriracha ketchup, set in place and serve.
To learn more about Nutrish, visit them on social:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/nutrish
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/nutrish
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrish
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/nutrishforpets