After my amazing cooking job last time, Nutrish said they wanted me to try out their new food called Nutrish DISH and then make a surprise meal for my rents. I said sure, I will cook the human food for my rents, but first I wanted to try out this great new food … hehehe.
They sent me a bag of the Nutrish Dish Beef and Brown Rice Recipe. When it arrived, Mom intercepted it and out came the list from the vet of what Elvis and I are allergic to. I told her not to worry as I already researched the food and it doesn’t have any of the ingredients we are usually allergic to. When we opened the bag, Mom and I were both impressed by the pieces of pure vegetables and meat mixed into the food.
Rachel Ray Nutrish Dish ingredients include:
- Brown rice – A good source of fiber and essential B vitamins.
- Cranberries – A natural source of fiber for … well, you know … to keep us regular, and also an excellent source of Vitamins A and C.
- Crispy Carrots – The crispy carrots offer excellent sources of carotenoids to support a healthy immune system. Mom told me it is very important for us dogs with allergies to have a good strong immune system.
- Farm Grown Potatoes – These tots are easily digestible, gluten free, and gentle on your dog’s digestive system.
- Flaxseed & Poultry Fat – Naturally rich sources of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
- Real Chicken and Beef Pieces – These are slow roasted with a real hickory smoke flavor that us dogs love.
- Garden and Field Peas – They are an excellent source of essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers to help with our digestive track.
- Tree-Ripened Apples – A great source of Vitamins A, C, and dietary fiber to aid your dog’s digestion.
I see a pattern here … good quality ingredients, US farm raised beef or chicken is always the number one ingredient, and no fillers such as corn, wheat, or soy. Rachael Ray Nutrish Dish comes in two flavors – Chicken and Brown Rice and Beef and Brown Rice. For more information visit the Nutrish website and to find this great food in the stores go to the Nutrish store locator. Make sure to enter our giveaway at the end of this post for a year’s supply!
Now that I approved the new dog food, it was time to get to work on the human food I promised to cook my rents. I decided to try Rachael Ray’s recipe – French Spring Chicken Pot. It had many of the same ingredients that were in my Nutrish Dish food including chicken, carrots, brown rice, and potatoes. Since I know Mom doesn’t like mushrooms I left that out.
The first thing I did was get everything out I would need and put my apron on. Well, ok, I guess it is actually a bib, but they don’t make Westie size aprons (yet!). Then, Mom walked into the room asking what I was doing. The surprise was ruined. She said she would cook it and I could supervise, but I couldn’t use the knifes, get close to the stove, or any boiling water. I argued with her a bit, but once Mom said I could have a plate when it is done (minus the onions) and I realized I was getting out of a lot of work, I said OK, I’ll supervise away! Oh, and supervise I did. I didn’t leave that kitchen the whole time and I even cleaned up a spill on the floor of chicken broth to show I was helpful.
Here is our finished meal. I even added a chef’s touch with the fresh tarragon decorating the plate … hehehe. Here is the recipe!
- 4 pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 onions, 1 halved and 1 chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3 small ribs celery, cut into small cubes
- ⅓ pound white mushrooms (a couple of generous handfuls), quartered
- ⅓ pound thin green beans (a couple of generous handfuls), cut on an angle into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Grainy rolls or crusty whole wheat bread, for dunking
- In a large, heavy pot or Dutch oven filled with simmering water, cook the chicken, halved onion and bay leaf until cooked through and tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cut into bite-sized pieces or, using 2 forks, shred in a bowl.
- Wipe out the pot, add the butter and melt over medium heat. One vegetable at a time, stir in the chopped onion, potato, carrots, celery, and mushrooms. Cover the pot, lower the heat and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the green beans and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour into the pot and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the wine, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in the peas, tarragon and mustard and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the vegetables. Stir in the cream and heat through. Serve with the bread.
So are you ready to try out Rachael Ray Nutrish Dish?
How to win!
How: Comment below and tell us what flavor do you think your pup will like more?
Prize: One year supply of Rachael Ray Dish (10 coupons valued at $140)
Dates: June 6th to 20th, 2016
How to Enter: Follow the instructions on the widget below. To help get the prize out as quickly as possible, we’re asking for your address up front in case you win. It will not be used unless you win. Good luck!
My five four legged furry babies want to say you are the best. Since my babies are either rescue or from a puppy mill. Its nice that there are people like you helping. Your food also makes it nice that its made with love God Bless from the kids…
I think my dogs would enjoy the beef and brown rice.
I know my dogs would love the taste of Nutrish Dish Beef and Brown Rice Recipe.
M dog will love the Chicken and Brown Rice flavor!!
I think our dogs would like DISH Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe best.
Looks yummy Preston!
It is very yummy I can verify hehehe 🙂
Thanks for trying this out for us and sounds really like Stitch would love it !
My kids LOVE Nutrish, I always feel like the beef brown rice is their favorite but we tried the new venison one last time and they practically inhaled it! Love Rachel’s human recipes too, I will definitely try this one (minus the mushrooms).
My rescue fur-babies would love chicken and rice
My pups love all flavors of Nutrish! It’s a real treat for all four of them!
Ozzy and Scout would definitely love the chicken and brown rice. They are huge fans!
I think my Amigo would love Beef and Brown Rice!
Mine are picky but they love Rachel’s treats and food so anything should be fine
Chicken and Brown Rice flavor!!
[…] After my amazing cooking job last time, Nutrish said they wanted me to try out their new food called Nutrish DISH and then make a surprise meal for my rents. […]
Blue would love the chicken and brown rice..
I think my finicky eater might like them both, but maybe the chicken just a little more…
My pup just loves chicken, so it would definitely be the Chicken and Brown Rice flavor!
My dog would like the Chicken and Brown Rice more, for sure!
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe
Beef & Brown Rice
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe
my dogs would like Nutrish Dish Beef and Brown Rice Recipe
I think they would both love the DISH Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
Nutrish Dish Beef and Brown Rice Recipe is the one my dogs would choose.
Folly says the Chicken and Brown Rice one!
Beef & Brown Rice again
Chicken and Brown Rice flavor
I know my dog would like the Chicken and Brown flavor the most.
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 2
Beef & Brown Rice .
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 2
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe
Beef & Brown Rice !
Beef and Brown Rice
My fur baby would like the Chicken and Brown Rice the most!
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 6/14/2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe June 14, 2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe June-16
Chicken and Brown Rice 6/15/2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 6/15/2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe June 15, 2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 15-Jun
Chicken and Brown Rice flavor!
She would like the Chicken and Brown Rice flavor more!
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 6/16/2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe June 16, 2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 16-Jun
I think he would like the Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe.
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 17-Jun
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe June 17, 2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 6/17/2016
My senior dog has a thing for chicken so I know he would love Nutrish chicken and rice.
Chicken and brown rice would be her choice!
The Turkey, Brown Rice & Venison sounds dog-gone delicious!
My Dogs Would Love The Nutrish Dish Beef and Brown Rice Recipe.
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 6/18/2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe June 18, 2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 18-Jun
my 3 beautiful, precious dogs would love the Nutrish Dish Beef and Brown Rice Recipe
My fur man just LOVES chicken, so I will assume his favorite would be the chicken and brown rice flavor!
Chicken and Brown Rice flavor <3
my 3 would pick the beef and brown rice
My dog would like Nutrish Dish Beef and Brown Rice Recipe
Chicken and Brown Rice!!!!
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 6/19/2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe June 19, 2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 19-Jun
She might like beef and brown rice a little more.
My dog loves carrots so I would pick any one of them
Chicken and Brown Rice
Chicken and Brown Rice flavor, no doubt about it!
They would like chicken and rice
Instagram ID is gmrich22
My dog would like Beef and Brown Rice.
My fur baby would like them both, but probably the Beef & Brown Rice Recipe more. Thank you!!
They would love the Beef and the Brown Rice!
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe June 20, 2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 6/20/2016
Beef & Brown Rice Recipe 20-Jun
They might also like the beef and brown rice.
Will you be announcing a winner on the Giveaway Tools entry form?
We will this weekend. We are on the road to a pet blogging conference so haven’t been home to mail out the winners free coupons.